Writer on topics related to psychology and health with more than twenty (20) years of experience as a speaker on topics such as Drug Abuse Prevention, Family Communication, Sex Education and Health Prevention. Dr. Quintero Londoño was member for 5 years of the NGO coordinating table against Drugs in Colombia, and he is currently the director of the Department of Psychology of the National Prevention Council.
The conference "Addictions: Preventive approach from the family" aimed to reflect on family communication, limits, the development of responsibility and support for minors.
The parents attending this conference learned:
• Reasons why some adolescents begin to use drugs.
• Signs of drug use.
• Myths about addiction.
• Frequently used drugs during adolescence in Colombia.
• Understand the kinds of drugs and their effects.
• Strategies for families to prevent consumption.
As part of the prevention campaign, a talk was held with secondary students and Year 7 students. The purpose of the activity was for the students to:
• Understand the risks when consuming alcohol and / or psychoactive substance.
• Understand and handle the need for acceptance that young people have.
• Learn how to handle peer pressure.
We appreciate the participation of all parents and we hope to have you again in the next School for Parents.
Click here to access the information presented in this School of Parents: http://
"Together we make a difference"